To all the Games of Thrones fans: The show is back with its 6 season! And to celebrate this big moment we have decided to write a post about it.
Here is a list of 7 amazing filming locations where the show was filmed.
1) Peñiscola, Valencia (Dorne or Meereen) – Spain
The fortified town in Valencia will make its debut in this six season!
2) Aït-Ben-Haddou (Yunkai and Pentos) – Morroco
In the fictional Games of Thrones, Aït-Ben-Haddou becomes Yunkai, the smallest of the three cities in Slaver’s Bay.
3) Thingvellir National Park – Iceland
This Nationa Park is an important filming location for season four and it’s where Arya and Sandor Clegane spend their journey from village to village in mid-Westeros.
4) Minceta Tower, Dubrovnik (House of the Undying) – Croatia
The House of the Undying is actually the Minceta Tower, located along the walls of Dubrovnik.
5) Castle Ward (Winterfell) – Northern Irland
This scenery was used as the courtyard of the Stark’s home, Winterfel.
6) Azure Window (Daenerys and Drogo’s Wedding)- Malta
This 50-metre high limestone rock formed the backdrop for Daenerys Targaryen and Khal Drogo’s Wedding.
7) Doune Castle (Winterfell) – Scotland
Doune Castle was the very first appearance of Winterfell in the pilot episode for Game of Thrones
To find more cool lists of places, download Placers App